Weight gain and resulting obesity are some of the most difficult health conditions to address. Various weight loss plans are followed by people suffering from such health problems to get rid of overweight and obesity. One of the essential steps for this is changing your diet plan and many dieticians recommend the Keto diet plan. However, you need to learn about 8 things about the Keto diet for weight loss before settling for it.
Why use Keto Diet for Weight Loss
Several reasons lead the weight loss aspirants to use keto diets in their weight loss plan.
- As it is a low-calorie diet plan it can help weight loss and improvement of metabolic system in human anatomy;
- The diet can help neutralize the disturbances in metabolism in the body;
- The diet is also helpful in fighting diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure and various others; and
- It enables you to lose weight healthily without resulting in adverse side effects.
Constitution of Keto Diet for Weight Loss
What the Keto diet for weight loss contains? This is important learning before adopting the diet plan.
- The diet is low in carbohydrates and contains healthy fat and protein;
- It also is fiber-rich that kills hunger and thus contributes to low-calorie intake by diners;
- Since every person has a unique anatomic structure the composition of the diet plan may vary from person to person; and
- To sum up; the Keto diet for weight loss contains low carbohydrate, moderate protein, and a high amount of good fat
How it works
If you are interested to resort to the keto diet to address your overweight and obesity issues then it would be good to learn how the diet works. Here are the effects of the Keto diet on the anatomy.
- Reduction of carbohydrate in diet and increase of fat contents in it makes the body enter a different metabolic state called ketosis;
- In such a state the body starts converting the fats into molecules supplying energy for the brain named ketones;
- Gradually the anatomic system starts getting tuned to using ketones and burning fat as fuels for running the body; and
- An additional benefit of using the Keto diet is that it reduces insulin levels in the body and improves blood sugar management in the anatomy.
Ingredients in Keto Diet for Weight Loss
Various ingredients are used in the Keto diet plan that includes-
- Meat, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, avocados, cheese, butter, cream, and oil as staple food instead of foods rich in carbohydrates;
- Low carb vegetables instead of grains, rice, potatoes, beans, cereals, sweets, milk, and high carb-containing vegetables; and
- Usually, the combination leads to a low carb, moderate protein, and high good fat diet plan.
The use of such ingredients in diet induces the body to burn out stored fats in the anatomy resulting in weight loss and reduction in obesity. The reason is that when the diet is low on calories and carbohydrates the body turns to stored fats in it to make up for the deficiencies. This results in fat burning and weight loss.
Does Keto Diet for Weight Loss Work?
For prospective users, the dieticians, and the physicians recommending the Keto diet for weight loss the question is does it help in weight loss? Many research and studies have been conducted on the topic and most of them have also gathered evidence supporting the claim that the Keto diet plan is actually helpful for weight loss.
The diet not only helps fat burning and weight loss but also can be used for treating various diseases and to increase muscle strength. Some people also question how a diet plan rich in fat content can help weight loss. Scientific research has established the fact beyond a reasonable doubt that the Keto diet works better in comparison to low-fat diets.
It is because the accumulation of fat in the body leading to obesity is usually caused by carbohydrates and not by good fats. Scientific studies have also concluded that the Keto diet is 2.2 times more effective for weight loss in comparison to low calorie and low-fat diets.
Why Keto Diet for Weight Loss is Different
It is the core concept of identifying carbohydrates as the main culprit for weight gain that makes the Keto diet for weight loss unique and different.
- The diet plan is designed to reduce carbohydrate consumption that is more effective in weight gain;
- It was seen in research and experiments that that low carb Keto diet users lost 6.9 kg as against a loss of 4.6 kg in case of low-fat diet users over a period of 3 months; and
- Simple arithmetical calculations show that low carb Keto diets made the user lose weight by three times in comparison to low-fat high carb diets.
Keto Diet for Weight Loss Reduces Craving for Food
People eating more than what they normally require are the most vulnerable to weight gain, fat accumulation, and obesity. Different experts define the success of the Keto diet plan in different ways. However, it all comes down to simple mathematics because the diet plan reduces food craving and the calorie intake of the user becomes much lower than their body requires. This leads to fat burning and weight loss.
Carbohydrate Counting in Keto Diet Plan
Whether you calculate the calorie intake and requirements of your body or simply adopt a low-calorie diet plan you have to count the carbohydrate contents in the diet plan. This is indispensable for those looking to have long term weight loss results. This means you should as far as practicable dispense with carb-rich food contents from your diet. Bottom line is that you should be careful about preparing the keto diet for weight loss plan.
About Dr. Eric Berg
Dr. Eric Berg, DC is one of the top chiropractors as well as health educators specializing in the Keto diet for weight loss and various other diet plans. In his illustrious career spanning over three decades, he has served numerous clients providing guidance and support in the preparation of diet plans to the best of their satisfaction.